It was a good amount of fun reading through these stories today as they reference places from all over the country and even a bit from far, far away. Thanks to The Mother-in-law again for passing along some good stuff.
Definitely all over the map today . . .
- Last week there was the prospect of taking my dog to a pub with me (which is something I would consider) and now if I go to Japan it seems I can go hang out with a bunch of cats. That concept is not as appealing.
- There is little chance that I will even be remotely near San Diego in May, but I will be looking forward to hearing how good the keynote address was.
- This book is of particular interest to me because I very much want to take a (long) drive up to the Asheville area to experience the great beer culture there.
- My limited understanding of the beer scene in Mississippi is that Lazy Magnolia is really the only craft show in town, but it seems that will soon be changing.
- Since (as mentioned above) I will not be anywhere near California soon the upcoming beer weeks and festivals are not as interesting to me as the concept of declaring a statewide beer month.
- My own brewing efforts are few and far between at this point, but it is very cool to be able to instantly see a clone recipe of the beer in your hand.
- There is a ton of great beer label art out there and some that has actually persuaded me to pick up a bottle for the first time. I would not have thought of a few of these as being near the top, but a cool slideshow nonetheless.
- Of course making it easier for breweries to establish tasting rooms on premise is great, but did you say more small batch distilleries?!
- I am surprising myself with how much I am paying attention to the changing laws that are helping craft beer in a state where I have never been
- How many guesses would it take for you to come up with the name of the largest American brewing company?
- Just more proof that the craft beer in cans movement is gaining momentum.
- As I constantly read about the good beer spots in America it is great to have something highlighting how good the scene is (essentially) just down the road from me.
- One tap room is a very good idea, but having two tap rooms from separate breweries under the same roof is a fantastic concept.