After having a discussion last night about how I intend to reinvent the site a little bit in the near future which includes paring down the new posts I end up with a large collection of stories today. Maybe having one sent to me by Frank for the first time got the ball rolling.
Quite the long list today . . .
- What better way to start off a news post than to have stories touting the health benefits of beer consumption. As with most (if not all) things we consume it seems moderation is key to reaping the benefits that beer can provide. It seems that the same approach can also be beneficial for rehydrating after working up a sweat.
- After reading the description of how the true marijuana beer tasted I think sticking to simply using the hemp seeds in a beer is the better option.
- This one can either be filed in the I really miss Oregon and want to go back soon category or the I need to visit Seattle Jeff so I can drink Ninkasi there category. Watch out for imploding grain silos.
- Speaking of Seattle Jeff, I wonder if he has a costume ready and his running shoes broken in for a local Oktoberfest. Who can pass up chainsaw pumpkin carving?
- Then on the opposite coast (that I call home) I have to imagine that Mr. Wilson might find a way to an Oktoberfest celebration in the greater DC area.
- In the big beer news of the day it appears that the world of beer just continues to get smaller as another big name is gobbled up.
- At least there is a bit of common sense used in this recent ruling regarding a naming conflict overseas involving two Budweisers.
- Knowing what you are tasting and enjoying in a beer (or anything for that matter) is a good thing and there are a few options out there to further your palate education.
- I can read all I want to about how the craft beer business continues to improve and that the number of breweries continues to rise, but why not just look at a chart?
- Since I have troubles getting through a reasonable size book in any reasonable amount of time I cannot imagine how long it would take me to get through 920 pages. Someday I am sure that reference will end up on my shelf, but until then this article/slash interview with the driving force behind it will have to do.
- With The Wife and a few friends having asked me many times about Vegan beer I always have an answer ready. That is the reason that this caught my eye this morning.
- Is it strange that as a big fan of craft beer and one that now works in the business that I have no great driving desire to attend GABF? Probably, but even with that I still checked up on the events that are happening around it this year.