The stand off has started between me and my yard or maybe, more accurately, it continues. I am not going to rake it until the trees decide to go ahead and finish doing whatever it is that they want to do. Raking and pressure washing are not activities that I want to do every weekend just for the fun of it. It only seems fair to me that the trees decide to cooperate with me a little bit.
Now for my thoughts from the last seven days or so . . .
- Random thought #1 – I have finally accepted that though I almost always know what day of the week it is, I almost never know exactly what the date is. No major disaster has resulted from that just yet.
- Random thought #2 – It is mildly amusing to me that (at my age) I am frustrated that I cannot seem to find time in my schedule to play video games despite really wanting to. I would like golf to be on my schedule too, but I am not as embarrassed by that.
- Random thought #3 – A burger is a very simple thing, but it is very difficult to find a very good one. I have long been searching for ones to stand up to those had years ago in Portland (Oregon) with very little luck.
- Random thought #4 – Sometimes I decide to work on the computer during the week while a television is on in the background. There is not much decent to watch during the day, so apparently I was not missing much during all that time spent in offices.
- Random thought #5 – Unless you would like to drink both beers to begin with, do not pour one for the almost sleeping person who requests a beer when you go to grab yourself one in the early morning hours. Of course drinking both is not the worst thing that can happen to a person.