The weeks just continue to fly by this year. Maybe that just comes from keeping busy most of the time. I wasn’t ready for Thanksgiving to be here so I am certainly not ready for Christmas to only be a short time away now. Perhaps if the 80 degree (or more) weather would break for a while I could better get into the spirit of the season.
Shaking off the long weekend . . .
- Random thought #1 – Sure you may have saved a few hundred dollars on a television by camping outside a store for three days but if you factor in the money you would have made by actually going to work I don’t think you made out all that well. I cannot think of anything I would set up a tent in a parking lot for.
- Random thought #2 – It is probably not a good idea to make a consistent diet of it, but homemade cheesecake has now joined burritos as foods that are so very good at four in the morning while at the same time bringing shame and self-loathing.
- Random thought #3 – Though I have continuously failed at keeping any sort of green life form alive for an extended period of time I enjoy having fresh herbs around enough to keep trying to do so.
- Random thought #4 – Is something a hobby if you have to constantly try to wedge a few moments into your schedule to do it? It seems to me that if you enjoy something enough it should be much easier to find the spare time to make it happen.
- Random thought #5 – It is not all that much fun to be in the middle of any part of the brewing process only to have a piece of equipment break on you. Of course improvising after that is kind of fun though now I need to replace a few items.