Initially I started off with just a few links today and then things got a little out of hand. After happily including some input from The Mother-in-law I also went on to include more and more and more stories until finally making myself stop. That is why I am well into double digits for the number of news items this week.
Let’s get to it . . .
- Maybe some day I will put enough effort into my brewing to actually enter the competition, but until then I will just taste what it takes to win a spot in the six-pack.
- Perhaps one of these two will feel a bit more like a negative story at first glance, but I am in total agreement with the positive rebuttals from Sam and Kendall. So first read about the fun that was the overrated craft brewery discussion and then move on to the good news on the re-zoning issue that was highlighted here last week.
- Aside from being a cool story of how they got into the malting business it also makes me think that there will be more than a handful of micro-malting companies in the United States very soon.
- This is all probably way more information that you ever wanted on what happens to our brains when we drink.
- Some of the things in this list have already happened or are very close and if the things on this list happen over the course of the year it will be another good one.
- Whatever the exact reason(s) might be the prices for beer are not likely to go down.
- After many years of having the same beers at the top maybe we are getting closer to some actual competition among the big boys.
- More and more you have to enjoy those special beers while you can since they might not ever be available again. Be sure to stock up when you see them.
- You really only have to take a look at the top of this one, but I think it might be a handy guide if you are looking to go on a fun little road trip.
- Bring on more cans. I might have to get a few of these sent to me since I find it very unlikely that I will make a trip to LA anytime soon (or perhaps ever).
- I am probably more likely to get to Texas before I get to LA so maybe I will have some beer from this place first. Seems like they have the right attitude to do really well.
- In the beers I am likely not to try anytime in the near future category goes any of the ones that will result from using this new piece of equipment.
- This one goes last because the mustache wins. That and keeping up with the best of Colorado beer is never a bad idea.