The beer news would have been a lot easier to fill up today if I had saved the results from the World Beer Cup to share this afternoon instead of doing so on Monday. Even with that not at my disposal there is always enough out there each week to choose from, especially with some of my family throwing a few stories my way. This week it just worked out that a few of the articles are following up on previously shared stories and an additional one serves as a future travel reminder for us. I have always said that this site is a journal or sorts for me!
Now on with the show . . .
- This first story adds to the first one from last week that discussed the Washington State legislature proposing an increase in tax on beer only for the “mass-market beer” and not for the microbrews. It seems that not a lot of people are happy with the way the proposal is currently structured.
- I have read the history behind the India Pale Ale style of beer many times in books, but I could not resist another explanation of it via Jay Brooks.
- Knowing that there will be trips to Boston to visit the in-laws and the many friends we have up there, I must stay current on the good places to enjoy a beer (and some good food) while there.
- You just can’t take away free beer after the standard has been set. Fortunately the workers at Carlsberg are back on the job while continuing to work on a settlement regarding their daily ration of beer.
- Both The Wife and Cousin Adam passed along pieces about the never-ending competition to claim the title of “World’s Strongest Beer.” Take time to read this first one and then the other.